Casual Consultant Counsellor
Please apply before close of business - Friday 31st May, 2019
More Than Mediocre is a private counselling practice in Cranbourne East, Victoria, established in 2007 and run by well-known and respected Counsellor, Author and Speaker, Tracey-Leigh Davey. We provide counselling, coaching, workshops and events for individuals, couples and families. The business has developed a solid reputation with strong word of mouth referral and we are proud to provide only the very best for our clients, who receive exceptional care and attention from our counsellors and admin staff.
You will be working as a counsellor, with individuals and couples as well as some families and joining our caring and supportive team with a very knowledgeable and experienced boss and mentor. You will work under your own ABN, consulting for More Than Mediocre, supported under our banner, with all the perks that come with that. The position is permanent and ongoing, counselling private clients who access our services for personal or relationship counselling, as well as some agency & EAP funded clients.
The work is varied as clients come from a variety of backgrounds with a wide scope of issues including relationship problems, anxiety, depression, trauma, separation, conflict, family issues, parenting, addiction and much more. You will be working in a well established business with everything provided for you to just turn up and be a counsellor, including lovely new offices and reception area, with all stationary, tools, materials and insurance provided, plus free professional supervision and monthly training days with Tracey-Leigh. You will also have the opportunity to attend and become involved in group events to develop yourself even further.
This is a great opportunity for a gifted counsellor to do what they love and utilise their skills fully without the need to market or build their own business by becoming a consultant at our very reputable business that has been successfully established for the past 12 years. Please do look over our website to get a feel for who we are and what we do and see if you can picture yourself working here.
What we are looking for
A warm, friendly, down to earth and capable person with a qualification in counselling, psychology, social work or similar. Work experience in the field is required. Genuine life experience of growth and overcoming, a caring nature and an aptitude for personal development is essential. This is a position where the “right” person will not necessarily be the “most qualified” or “most experienced” person, but the person that is the best fit for us, them, the business and the role. Key criteria is listed below.
The position will build up hours as new clients are allocated each week until your case load capacity is reached. Both day and evening work is required however there is flexibility to arrange mutually suitable hours and days.
The consultant's fee per session shall be negotiated based on skills and experience. There is an existing system and our admin team will set up the successful applicant in regards to everything needed to work within our system quickly and easily.
The successful applicant will require an ABN, bank account, National Police Check and WWCC.
The Application Process
Applications should contain a resume with at least 3 referees and a cover letter that reflects your own personality and style and addresses the key criteria listed below.
Applications must be received by close of business on Friday 31st May, 2019
Email to:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to phone Karleigh on (03) 9707 3009 with any questions.
- Qualifications in Counselling, Psychology, Social Work or other similar relevant qualification
- Be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of relationship behaviours and the effects of conflict on family and marriage relationships
- Have knowledge, experience and proficiency in implementing effective strategies to create awareness, influence growth and achieve positive lasting behaviour change
- Have some knowledge and/or experience in parenting, child development and adolescent issues
- Be able to work confidently and competently with a diversity of clients of varying age, culture and lifestyle
- Have an understanding of the effects and treatment of trauma, abuse, stress, addiction issues and/or mental health issues such as anxiety and depression
- Have practical work experience in the counselling, social work, well-being or the community services sector
- Be motivated, adaptable and coachable
- Have good personal boundaries
- Be warm, open, non-judgemental and naturally empathetic
- Have great instincts and genuine insight
- Have the ability to engage clients and earn trust quickly
- Have a passion and gift for counselling
- Possess good communication skills
- Be organised and autonomous
- Be able to accept direction, adhere to office procedures, follow systems, maintain client notes & records and engage as part of the team
- Have relevant life experience of overcoming pain, trauma or other difficulties in their own life
- Desire constant learning and growth – both personally and professionally